Monday, July 12, 2010

F1rst P0st!

{Comic-Title: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel", Title-text: "I love the title-text!", Comic-URL: "xkcd.com/442/"}

Welcome to I Love XKCD, a webcomic review blog of admiration, respect, fandom and sarcasm. My intentions here are simple: I love xkcd, and so do you - probably. I have thoughts, comments, raves and criticisms about the growing body of work at xkcd.com and I wanted to create an outlet to share them and to maybe get feedback from other like-minded individuals. After a while, I've found the xkcd fora lacking in that regard for a number of reasons, including, but not limited to: comic threads have become a race to be first, despite mods efforts to enforce rules to the contrary, they are often filled with noise such as "get out of my head" or "I don't get it, and the arbitrary nature of moderation on the boards. This really isn't intended to be a place to flame the fora. They are a fun community with a useful purpose. The purpose of this blog is to discuss the comics in my own way and to elicit responses from you. Full respect and thanks to Randall Munroe for creating this comic and for all the enjoyment it continues to bring to so many.

The blog title is a reference to the comic I've embedded in this post. I have to admit that when I first saw this particular comic, I wasn't familiar with the Discovery Channel commercial it was parodying, but it has become one of my favorite. First, it's an excellent parody in terms of matching the rhythm of the original. Second, it's really a great survey of many of the best moments in xkcd.

If you enjoyed this one, you probably already saw the video derived from it, but I would be remiss if I didn't include it here:


So that's it for my inaugural post. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment